NEW: Proud to be British – Part V
Sunday 9th - Friday 14th September 2018
6 daysDeposit: £75pp
Travel Insurance: £25.50pp
Single supplement: £125
It’s time to hang up the Union Jacks again, and embark with Mark on another fascinating tour celebrating the best of everything that is British. History, farming, aviation, money, brewing, mining, canals and a medieval banquet in the Victorian Gothic fantasy of Cardiff Castle.
Your Holiday Hotel
BRYN MEADOWS HOTEL & SPA is an independently-owned 4-star resort set in over 100 acres of meadowland with its own golf course, near Caerphilly. Bedrooms are comfortably furnished with a power shower, hairdryer and tea/coffee maker, and many have views over the surrounding countryside. There is an 18-metre swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
- A tractor & trailer farm safari at an organic Welsh farm, with delicious tea and homemade cakes
- The Cardiff Bay Barrage, built at a cost of £220 million during the 1990s, and one of Europe’s largest ever civil engineering projects
- Aerospace Bristol, home to Concorde Alpha Foxtrot, telling the remarkable story of Bristol’s long association with the aviation industry
- A visit to Rhymney Brewery to discover its distinguished history and enjoy a sample of the finished product!
- A Welsh Banquet at Cardiff Castle. This evening of Welsh hospitality and entertainment includes a mead-tasting on arrival, a three-course meal with wine (or soft drink), and a tour of the Castle apartments.
- From the Blaenavon World Heritage Centre we climb onto the heather-clad moors to visit Big Pit, which in its heyday employed 1,300 miners. We take the famous underground tour to find out what life was like for those who made their living at the coal face.
- The Royal Mint Experience at Llantrisant. Here we will discover the people and events behind our coinage. Did you know that our Royal Mint produces coins and medals for over 50 countries around the world?
- A scenic drive through the Brecon Beacons National Park and cruise on the peaceful Brecon & Monmouthshire Canal.
- Llancaiach Fawr Manor. Step back in time to 1645 at this atmospheric manor house where the 17th century servants are always thrilled to meet you and have a good gossip.