Midsummer in Sidmouth
Friday 6th - Wednesday 11th July 2018
6 daysDeposit: £75pp
Travel Insurance: £25.50pp
No Single Supplement
Roadmark Travel has been visiting the East Devon town of Sidmouth for many years, and it has proved consistently popular with our clients. According to John Betjeman, Sidmouth is “A town caught in a timeless charm”. To visit Sidmouth certainly seems like taking a step back in time, with its narrow shopping streets, beautiful gardens and Regency history, nestling beneath the majestic red cliffs and green hills of the Sid Valley.
Your Holiday Hotel
THE ROYAL YORK & FAULKNER HOTEL, situated in a prime position on the Esplanade, is a Roadmark favourite. As you would expect from a classic Regency building, the bedrooms vary in size, and are attractively furnished in a traditional manner. There are two lifts, although you will still encounter small flights of stairs in some corridors, so please be sure to request level access from the lift if required. The restaurant retains the high standards of silver service, with menus combining the best of classic and modern cuisine using fresh local produce.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS
- Door-to-door service (conditions apply)
- A welcome drink on the first evening
- 5 nights at the family-run Royal York & Faulkner Hotel on the seafront
- Four Course Table d’hôte dinners and full English breakfasts
- Live entertainment on some nights
- A visit to Barrington Court, a beautifully restored Tudor manor house nestling deep in the Somerset countryside, with Gertrude Jekyll inspired gardens, featured in the BBC’s ‘Wolf Hall’ series.
- A cruise on the sheltered waters of the Exe Estuary
- A visit to the Cathedral City of Exeter
- An excursion to Weymouth, with its impressive sweep of Georgian seafront buildings and colourful yacht harbour