All Inclusive Rhône Valley Cruise
Sunday 8th - Sunday 15th July 2018
8 daysDeposit: £150pp
Travel Insurance: £59.50pp
Single supplement: £120
Following the success of our Seine cruise with CroisiEurope in 2016, we have booked another, more ambitious, river trip. We will take you by coach through France to Lyon for a 5-night stay on board one of their luxurious ships, cruising through the beautiful and ever-changing scenery of Provence and the Rhône Valley. CroisiEurope River Cruises, founded in 1976, is a highly respected family-run business. It operates a fleet of ships on all the major European Rivers, providing passengers with exceptional food, first class service from convivial and attentive staff, and creative itineraries.
- Door-to-door service*
- Return Channel ferry crossings
- Overnight stay in the Troyes area on the outward journey with bed and breakfast
- Overnight stay in the Reims area on the homeward journey with bed and breakfast
- 5 nights full-board accommodation on board the MS Camargue, with all meals, from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the final day, and including lunch. Mineral water, house wine, beer, fruit juices and coffee during meals and at the bar are included (excludes champagne and wines from the wine list). Twin/double cabins are ensuite with WC and shower, and all with river view.
- Welcome cocktail and gala dinner
- Onboard entertainment
CRUISE HIGHLIGHTS & OPTIONAL EXCURSIONS
- Avignon and the City of Popes
- The Camargue: wild and unique
- Les Baux-de-Provence, one of the most beautiful villages in France
- The spectacular Ardeche Gorge
- The Vercors Plateau
- Arles and its exceptional heritage
So as to allow you complete flexibility, excursions from the ship are not included in the holiday price. Nearer the time of departure, we will send you a detailed list of the available excursions and prices. You can then either book the excursion(s) of your choice in advance, or wait until you are on board.
*Door-to-door service – conditions apply. See Booking Form for details.
In the interest of passenger safety, the Captain of the boat may decide to modify the navigational itinerary, which could result in the stopovers being different to those listed above.
Your Holiday Hotel
THE MS CAMARGUE is one of CroisiEurope’s premium (5-anchor) vessels. Over 350 feet in length, she was built in 1995, and extensively refurbished in 2015. There are 54 passenger cabins on two decks, with those on the upper deck having larger panoramic windows. The restaurant and lounge bar are also on the upper deck and offer free Wi-Fi. There is a large sundeck with deckchairs and a gift shop.
Sunday - OUTWARD JOURNEY
Taxi to the coach and drive to Dover for Channel ferry crossing. Head south through France for overnight stay in the Troyes area with bed and breakfast
Monday - LYON
Boarding the MS Camargue mid-afternoon. Welcome cocktail and crew presentation. Evening entertainment.
Tuesday - AVIGNON-ARLES
Morning spent cruising
Optional excursions a) Avignon & the Pope’s Palace b) The Pont du Gard & Museum visit
Wednesday - ARLES-PORT SAINT LOUIS-MARTIGUES
Optional excursions a) A tour of the Camargue b) Jeep Safari
Afternoon spent cruising
Thursday - AVIGNON-VIVIERS
Free time in Martigues
Optional excursions a) excursion to Les Baux de Provence b) the Gorges de l’Ardeche
Friday - VIVIERS- TAIN L’HERMITAGE
Morning spent cruising
Optional excursion to the Vercors Plateau + wine tasting in a local cellar
Farewell Gala Dinner on board
Saturday - TAIN L’HERITAGE – LYON
Disembark after breakfast and join the Roadmark coach for homeward journey
Overnight in the Reims area, with bed and breakfast
Sunday - HOMEWARD JOURNEY
Arrive in Sussex for late afternoon taxis